Question on Cloudflare Placement

I have been using Cloudflare for my site https://sleepybeeworx.com for several months now and all has been working fine. I have been using the plugin within my website itself having changed the nameservers. I have noticed that my cpanel for the site has a Cloudflare setup also. My question is, can I use my current setup and setup the info in the cpanel at the same time.

Also, for whatever reason, my site cannot be found now when using Cloudflare. I have had to change my nameservers back to original in order for my site to work and the servers to be found.

The zone was deleted from your account earlier today, add it back and then have your registrar change the name servers. You can see the details in your audit log. If the action does not look familiar to you, you may want to change your password and API key.

Post back and let us know how it works out.

1 Like

Yes, I deleted it earlier today and went back to the original nameservers because I needed the site working. I deleted my domain from the Cloudflare app in my hosting cpanel. As I said before whenever I initialize Cloudflare and change my nameservers to the Cloudflare servers I loose my site. I have not had this issue before now. Cloudflare has always worked. The other sites I have, all using the same hosting service, are working fine with Cloudflare.

1 Like

Thank you, let us know how it’s going, seems the name servers are still propagating but the site is active.

My site https://sleepybeeworx.com is somewhat working when accessed by browser but why am I getting the attached error when trying to login to the back end, Wordpress to edit the site.!
Screenshot_2020-12-06 sleepybeeworx com 520 Web server is returning an unknown error|654x500

Cloudflare has worked on this site from day one of setting it up. Now, all of a sudden I can’t use it and I can’t think of anything that has changed except some normal additions and edits to the site and maybe some added plugins. I have the same plugins on other sites using Cloudflare with no issues.

When I change my nameservers to Cloudflare the site works for maybe 2 or 3 hours without issue but eventually starts giving me the 520 error. I have to change to original nameservers in order to have a working site.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 5fd722b5cb0c74bf
This was at the bottom of one of the errors. My web server is showing no errors.

Ugh, 520’s can be really difficult to track down as they’ll get thrown by any network device along the way. Some ideas in this tip, Community Tip - Fixing Error 520: Web server is returning an unknown error. You’re probably need to look at item 6 in that tip.

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.