Question on Argo and Argo Tunnel for usage specifically on a sub-domain and a REST API

Hey all - I had a few questions about using Argo (routing) and Argo Tunnel (origin endpoint protection) for a REST API, specifically.

1. Can Argo apply only to a sub-domain of a domain? We have our Cloudflare instance as a single parent domain e.g. tallyfy.com, and only want to apply Argo and Argo Tunnel to a specific sub-domain e.g. go.tallyfy.com - is that configurable either in Argo, or within a Cloudflare Worker?
  2. Are both products more or less beneficial for a REST API vs. usage for web pages, images, etc.? Such payloads are generally smaller, cannot be cached and ship JSON back and forth.
  3. In future, if I had two origins on two different continents (e.g. one in the US and one in Singapore), can Argo be set to take the incoming request, judge the “nearest origin” and use that?
  4. What are the benefits of Argo Tunnel specifically for a REST API?
  5. If the origin is Amazon’s ELB or ALB (with EC2 instances behind it) - how would one install the daemon for Argo?

Argo activation is by domain level, all traffic is then considered Argo. The Argo tunnel can be configured by subdomain.

I prefer to use Argo Tunnel for APIs. Static content can be cache, and users will see immediate benefits.

You can have Geo Steering. But prefer Dynamic steering: Route traffic to the fastest pool based on measured latency from health checks.

Perhaps, by using Cloudflare Load Balancer with Dynamic steering, there is no need for ELB and ALB.