Question about SSL

Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.

What is the domain name? www.tuentrenadoraonline.com

Have you searched for an answer? Yes

Please share your search results url: Shortening the Let's Encrypt Chain of Trust - Let's Encrypt

When you tested your domain, what were the results? I dont know to do it

Describe the issue you are having: I am not sure if I have to chanfe something in my web page

What error message or number are you receiving? Nothing, at the moment

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue? I´m waiting

Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare? The first time I did my web page was with cloudflare

What are the steps to reproduce the error: Nothing

Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode? No

Please attach a screenshot of the error: Nothing

Hello, I am Teresa, from Spain.

**I have two questions: **

**From what I’ve read, in principle, no changes are necessary. There might only be some access issues for those using an Android version 7 or earlier. Is that correct? **

My other question is whether this change could affect not only website access but also mobile app access and payments through Stripe or PayPal.

Thanks for your help

Correct, you can read more from Cloudflare here: Upcoming Let’s Encrypt certificate chain change and impact for Cloudflare customers

It shouldn’t do. If a device is able to access it in the browser, then they should be able to access it in an app.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for answers, so, you recommend do not touch anything, right?
As I´ve read on:

“… more than 93.9% of Android devices already trust the ISRG Root X1 and this number is expected to increase in 2024, especially as Android releases version 14, which makes the Android trust store easily and automatically upgradable”

I undestand that the majority of devices will automatically upgradable.

“… 2.96% of them come from devices that will be affected by the change … which means that most (98.87%) of the requests coming from Android versions that are using Firefox will not be impacted.

“My main concern is whether I will have issues with the checkout on my sales page.”

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Thanks Cyb3r-Jak3

1 Like

If your users are in the 2.96% category of devices that are not updated, then yes, there will be issues. But otherwise it will be fine.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.