Question about NS update and DNS records

What is the name of the domain?

xfanexx.de

What is the error number?

What is the error message?

Host error

What is the issue you’re encountering

Cant connect to the websites

What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?

Updated Nameservers from hetzner to cloudflare.

What feature, service or problem is this related to?

DNS records

What are the steps to reproduce the issue?

None i think i just need help!

Hello guys!
Just a quick question about my domain.
The domain is hosted on Hetzner, ive updated the namservers to cloudflares.
Do i just need to wait a few hours or did i mess something up here?
Please help me out :smiley:

Heres my DNS Config:
Is this even right?

Thx in advance!

As for whether your DNS entries are complete, that’s something you need to discuss with your webhost or webmaster. For example, you don’t have an entry for the naked domain, but you don’t necessarily need that.

Your nameserver setup is generally all right and that 522 error is rather network related. Your server is running an HTTPS port, but does not serve content nor has a valid certificate.

The best course of action is to pause Cloudflare, make sure that everything loads on HTTPS the way you want it and once that works, you can unpause Cloudflare.

What you should verify on Cloudflare, however, is that you have encryption enabled. Right now, it will be disabled and you will have a legacy encryption mode. Make sure to enable encryption by selecting Full Strict as encryption mode.

1 Like

Thanks for your reply. All services are running behind a reverse proxy. The mirror and mirror2 are Apache file servers, and everything else is proxied to localhost on the server through the reverse proxy. The services are HTTPS encrypted, and everything worked fine before I changed the nameservers. I created a Let’s Encrypt certificate for this.

Then your server configuration might not be correct. Again, pause Cloudflare and make sure that everything loads fine on HTTPS. Until all of that works, Cloudflare is not involved.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.