Question about nameservers, DNS Zones, and CDN

Hi,

My hosting provider is Hostinger. At Hostinger, my nameservers are pointing to QUIC Cloud. As far as I know, I am only using QUIC Cloud for caching/CDN. Previously, my nameservers at Hostinger were pointing to Cloudflare.

However, on Cloudflare, my domain still is active on Cloudflare, and Cloudflare DNS setup still says Full.

Am I still using both Cloudflare and QUIC Cloud? My goal is to only use one of these services. How can I tell if I’m using both.

Thank you.

How long ago did you change? If your nameservers have been changed away from Cloudflare, it will eventually go to a “Moved” status and then deleted if on a free plan, paid plans will keep the zone in the account…

You can give the domain if you are not sure.

Thanks for the reply.

I made the change 2 days ago.

My domain is timgriffin.dev.

OK, as you say you’ve changed the nameservers…
https://cf.sjr.org.uk/tools/check?9fd5e1edd4a54e3b8405f3dfeed02c91#whois
…so no requests for your site are passing through Cloudflare and you are not using it at all.

It’s only been 2 days but eventually in the dashboard then by email, Cloudflare will let you know the nameserver change has been detected and the zone marked as “Moved”, then after 7 days deleted from your Cloudflare account if on a free plan.

You can delete the zone from Cloudflare yourself now if you prefer.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.