Question about DNS

I use 1.1.1.1, 1.1.1.2 & 1.1.1.3, but when i open shopping website or youtube with high resolution the DNS become limited or no connection easily. it keep limited or lost connection. Maybe happen because of high traffic from my router cause many user however when i use G DNS or ISP the connection become more stable and hardly to lost connection. I hope cloudflare can check it. I stay at Malaysia. Oh, this is my second question, if 1.1.1.2 block malware does 1.1.1.1 dont block it?. Thank you and I hope cloudflare will always success.

You use all three of them at the same time? How?
I hope you mean for your custom DNS servers to be “in pair” like:

• 1.1.1.1/1.0.0.1
  • 1.1.1.2/1.0.0.2
  • 1.1.1.3/1.0.0.3

A good article with differences among them:

Do you also use any kind of anti-virus software or adblock add-on for your Web browser?

Using the following DNS resolvers will block malicious content:
Malware Blocking Only
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.2
Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.2

When you change your DNS resolvers to the addresses below, 1.1.1.1 for Families will block malware and adult content:
Malware and Adult Content
Primary DNS: 1.1.1.3
Secondary DNS: 1.0.0.3

What is your output when you visit:

What Website/shop you visit?

Thx for reply, I use “in pair” like you said, I change it either one of the pair, because the connection is lost or unstable but all that have same result.

During the change from one to another, wait for a minute-two so the connection becomes more stable (because you would got the so called “proxy IP location” at some of CF datacenters).

Could this also be related to your ISP and the internet speed too? (possible network throttling by ISP)

I remember I saw few recent topics regarding DNS issues in Malaysia. Maybe the issues could be interconnected …

1 Like

okay thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like