Question about Cloudflare's Dedicated SSL

Hello everyone. I’m glad you are interested in helping me out by making few things clear to me.
My first question is how many subdomains can Cloudflare’s Dedicated SSL (5$/month) cover? Also, is it possible to apply SSL (https://) on the subdomain that is pointing to another IP address where the website is located, or, easier: “sub.domain.com” is pointed to show content from 1.2.3.4 (IP address), can people access it over HTTPS?
Thanks in advance.

The $5 Dedicated SSL certificate effectively can protect an unlimited number of subdomains (but Cloudflare only allows 3500 subdomains on your zone before you need to ask for a limit increase), but you can’t customize what subdomains or what hostnames it protects. It only protects example.com and *.example.com (NOT two-level down subdomains like www.*.example.com).

Yes. CF does not care what IP it’s accessing or where a server is pointed, but since Dedicated SSL can’t be exported, these subdomains/A records must still be proxied :orange: in the DNS tab. CF SSL will not work for grey clouded DNS records :grey:.

Thank you for your reply!