A similar problem is described here: Problem with AJAX and cache and the solution was never presented.
I explicitly purged the cache for an URL, but when I access it via AJAX (XHR request) CloudFlare still serves the old version.
When I open it directly in the browser - it’s the updated version. Tried different browsers, private modes, even different machines. It’s not the local cache it’s cloudflare’s.
The URL is https://cdn.jitbit.com/helpdesk/help/api.md
If I edit the “cache everything” rule for this URL to “bypass” it starts working, but as soon as I change it back - it serves the cached version again!