Purge cache by url without Origin

My system has some addresses that are called from other websites (not mine) and these websites, in this case, have a lot of subdomains.

Is it possible to purge without passing the origin? Because I don’t know all the subdomains these sites are going to call from. Resulting in x.site.com having the last version and y.site.com having an outdated one.

If it’s not possible, I saw that the enterprise plan has the purge from tag options, how many tags can I have? Because I would need one for each of those sites and would it work?

ps: I don’t think the prefix option would help, I would need a suffix one

Are you saying that you have a file, say, /archive/pictures/january/image.jpg, EDIT: but mapped to different (sub)domains?

So it may appear under multiple domains, like example.com/archive/pictures/january/image.jpg
and sub.domain.com/archive/pictures/january/image.jpg

Etc. Same file on server, but responds as different hostnames?

Yep.
I have mysite.com/file/123 and sub1.domain.com and sub2.domain.com call this address

Up to 16kb worth, which apparently is about 1000.

In your case, I would expect you to set a tag to the value of the URL, and then purge that tag.

There is an easier option though. Are you setting appropriate CORS headers, or just setting Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *? If you are just setting *, then I would use a Transform Rule to remove the Origin request header from the requests. This would essentially collapse all the requests for the same asset into one cached object, which would purge using the normal single file purge.

1 Like

So using tags won’t be possible for my solution…

I’ll investigate the Access-Control-Allow-Origin solution, but it doesn’t sound like the best approach to this since I plan to use the origin header to control calls.

Aren’t there any other options?