Proxy specific URL to another URL:PORT (like Portzilla did)

Hello,
I’ve used the Portzilla App for the last year and I was happy with this App. But since the Apps in Cloudflare seems to be deprecated i need to search for an alternative.

This is what I have done with PortZilla:

So when accessing the test.work/api URL I still can see the test.work/api in the browser URL field. But behind the scene the content is proxied to my backend’s default page (IP:PORT/).

Is it also possible to use external IPs for this proxy solution?

How can i achive this with cloudflare and without PortZilla.

Hi,

You can do this with Origin Rules now:

You can find this under Rules > Origin Rules, and your rule based on that Portzilla configuration would look like this:

Hi,
this rule will forward the “test.work/api” to “test.work:9083/api”. This works fine and is a big first step, thank you.

Is it also possible to remove the “api” from the url? e.g. forward “test.work/api/blob” to “test.work:9083/blob”

Additional question: How can i change the IP if my backend is located on another server? e.g. “test.work/api/blob” to “another.work:9083/blob”

If this is too complicated I can also add the /api/ path to my backend.

This is also available via Origin Rules, but only on Enterprise plans:

Without an Enterprise Plan, you need to use a different hostname (subdomain).

You can change the URL of the request that is sent to the Origin via Transform Rules.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.