Provider banned CDN server by IP

Hi there, I am having a bit of a problem in my country (Russia) where the government have no idea how to properly handle bans for websites, and they decided to ban entire CDN server, instead of just a single website. According to some articles I am not the only one that is experiencing this specific problem. Is there any way for Cloudflare to revoke the current IP address and provide a new one? Because I already tried to contact authorities that are handling this specific situation, and they seem to be extremely stupid and confident about one thing - this IP is a source of a problem, so it needs to be banned, no matter the fact that it is not a single entity, but a CDN server.

0 Likes

There are quite a few threads here on the forum. The bottom line is there wont be much you can do about it. You can try to sign up for a new account and move your domain over, which should give you need edge servers, but there is no guarantee these wont be blocked either at some point.

0 Likes

Which means, that if all of the Cloudflare setup is handled by a web provider itself, I am totally screwed because it requires manual intervention.

0 Likes

You mean a partner setup? Then yes, probably.

0 Likes

closed #5

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

0 Likes