Problems with reaching server in Turkey

Hi all,

I am using Cloudflare DNS to manage my subdomains and reach to my web sites running on reverse squid proxy.

Until two days ago I was able to use it without problems with the records proxied. Then some connectivity problems arose. Then I tried to figure out what is going on but couldn’t get it. Then I turned proxy setting off, and my web sites are reachable again except United States. What could be the problem here, I have no idea!

When I check my websites reachability from an online tool, I can see it is succesfull outside US, but problems with US places: Free Website Reachability Check | Semonto

Subdomains resolve to the correct ip address and i can ping it too but no way to get the web site.

I would appreciate any feedback regarding this issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

As you say, your DNS record is set to “DNS only” and as the domain resolves ok, the problem must be on your server or the connection to it. It looks like traffic is being dropped on the route I’m using to it.

It’s not a Cloudflare issue so best to contact your host.

Thanks for your reply.

I do not think the problem is about Cloudflare too but couldn’t find any better place to ask the question. Sorry about that. Is there a better place to ask this issue?

I host the server myself, so I have all the control. Did not change anything there and it is still reachable from EU, India, Middle East, etc.

I’m in London and can’t reach it, but it may depend on the route.

London is not EU :stuck_out_tongue: just kidding

Using a VPN I tried Norway, France, Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Romania, Switzerland now and it is reachable from Germany, Netherlands, Hong Kong, Romania but not the others.

Anyways, thanks for your opinions.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.