Problems setting up www. with a CNAME

I am new to Cloudflare and can say that I am very frustrated. Buying the domain was easy and straight forward but trying to figure everything out forward the nameservers to my Linode is way to complicated. If I knew it would be this much of a hassle I wouldn’t have purchased the domain here.

I have purchased domains in the past from other providers and updating a name server is very easy and straight forward.

I have never had to choose what type (A, CNAME, AAA, CAA) and assign the IP4 address.

The domain I am trying to use is m-smith.info and I was able to get that working by choosing type A and pointing it to the IP address on my linode. That works but from what I understand that exposes my IP address to the public which I would like to avoid if possible.

Where I am having problems is using www in front of my domain. From what I have read, I need to setup a new CNAME and type in www in the name input field and an @ in the target input field.

That it is not working and I am about ready pull my hair out and transfer the domain to another provider.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hi @onticinc ,

Sorry for your Frustration :sweat_smile:

Where is Your IP Address getting Exposed ? Only you can see the DNS Management of your A Record it doesn’t show in DNS CHECKER also As per my Knowledge

Yes , that’s right :+1:

It seems to be working for me now

Can you Please Confirm in your End ?

Really Sorry for that :pensive: , Don’t worry we are here to help !

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.