Problem with switching to the nameservers at Cloudflare

Hi

First of all I love your service.
Have moved a lot of sites over, but one of them has some problems with the nameserversetting at Cloudflare - thus not making it possible to change to Cloudflares nameservers.

This is the error message I get from my current Registrar - hope some of you can point me to the right solution:

The nameserver bob.ns.Cloudflare.com is not correctly configured. It has the following NS records in the zone file for lsk.no:

n3510.ns.yunjiasu.com n516.ns.yunjiasu.com

This is not what you have typed in - which is:

bob.ns.Cloudflare.com zelda.ns.Cloudflare.com

The list of nameservers you give us must be idetical with the NS-records from each nameserver on the list.

For .no-domains the nameserver must be set up correctely before the nameserver change can be done. Not all foreign ISPs are aware fo this. Please contact them and have them make a correct zone file for lsk.no on all nameservers.

Cloudflare returns the Chinese servers as authoritative ones. Have you signed up via some partner? Can you post a screenshot of your DNS settings?

I have this now:

I would recommend contacting Cloudflare support regarding the domain in question. And tell them you are having trouble configuring because you are seeing the following:

dig lsk.no ns @ian.ns.Cloudflare.com +short
n3510.ns.yunjiasu.com.
n516.ns.yunjiasu.com.

Unless you have signed up via some partner (which might explain these nameservers) Iā€™d open a support ticket for clarification at this point. It is not clear why Cloudflare would return these nameservers.

@cs-cf

Thank you guys.

I have problem finding where to contact support. Is it via mail or is it a link to the supportsystem somwhere (that I can not find).

best regards,
Thomas

https://support.cloudflare.com/requests/new

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.