Problem with SSL onn my site

When I create my site I didn’t purchase SSL certificate … I just immediately linked my site to Cloudflare then I got the error " SSL handshake failed Error code 525 "

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community.

For best results, it helps to have working SSL on your origin site before you add Cloudlflare.

There are multiple ways to work thorough this and you will need to decide which method is best for you.

You can purchase and install a commercial certificate. There can be times when that makes sense, but they have become far less common in the era of free, automated certificates from Let’s Encrypt and other Certificate Authorities.

Automated, free, short-lived certificates from providers such as Let’s Encrypt are extremely versatile and a great option if your host supports them.

If you plan on routing all of your HTTPS traffic through the Cloudflare proxy, you have another option. You can use a Cloudflare Origin CA certificate. This will let you use the Full (Strict) mode just like a public CA certificate. It will not be recognized by visitors that connect directly to your origin server, so you do need to make sure that it is used with :orange: proxied records.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.