I recently moved to another hosting service the old hosting had let’s encrypt ssl and the new one has positivessl, how can i update my edge certificate on Cloudflare? because of that i can’t access website
Thank you for asking.
Just to make sure, you’re saying before moving to Cloudflare your Website working over HTTPS connection, correct?
Furthermore, as you stated, if you changed your web hosting provider, the origin host/server should regenerate or renew and issue the SSL certificate for your domain(s).
Kindly, before doing anything at Cloudfalre SSL/TLS settings, you could determine if you have a valid SSL certificate installed at the origin host/server from the new web hosting provider by following the steps from below:
- Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
- The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
- Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
- Check with your hosting provider / cPanel AutoSSL / ACME.sh / Certbot / Let’s Encrypt or some other and renew it accordingly.
- Only then should you un-pause Cloudflare and double-check your SSL/TLS setting to make sure it’s Full (Strict).
Here is a way to re-check if you correctly setup the SSL for your domain with Cloudflare:
In case you do not have an SSL certificate, you can use Cloudflare SSL, if so, kindly make sure you follow the instructions as follows on the below article to setup an SSL certificate using Cloudflare Origin CA Certificate:
Last but not least, kindly have a look here for more information regarding correct SSL settings at the SSL/TLS tab on Cloudflare dashboard:
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.