Problem with inviting domains in Cloudflare

Hello, my domains are not added to cloudfler, .site and .online domain zones
What’s odd is that .space adds up really well, but these don’t.

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask what error do you get when you try to add your domain names to your Cloudflare account? :thinking:

Can you share your domain names so we could also check?

1 Like

Hey! Pardon my French. I write in Russian and translate the text in a translator :smiley:

When I try to add .site .online domains with zones, it says that the domain is supposedly not registered (screenshot below)

The domain is registered through namecheap, but there is no difference from the registrar (I checked with other registrars and it’s the same there). It’s strange that domains with .ru .space - fit quietly into the cloud.

And I also want to say that it started massively about a month or two ago. That is, until that time they all joined the Cloud

1 Like

Thank you for feedback.

Regarding Cloudflare 1049 error, may I suggest you to try looking into below articles to troubleshoot the issue:

I can see on the whois data, your domain name was recently registered and the strange thing is it nameservers are already pointing to Cloudflare nameservers:

BRAELYN.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM
KAISER.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM

I assume they are the correct ones which are listed under one or more of your domain names on your CF account, is that correct?

May I ask if you did set the domain nameservers to point to a given set of Cloudflare nameservers (from your CF account → as for example if you know them while having other domains under the same Cloudflare account, so you made “one step ahead”) before you have added your domain name to your Cloudflare account (which is resulting the error you are experiencing “is not registered domain”)? :thinking:

Kindly, please remove them at Namecheap interface.
Make sure to switch them back to Namecheap default’s nameservers and leave it to be like that for the next 24 hours.

Your domain should resolve normally (A records, NS records) before adding it to Cloudflare. In Namecheap’s case, with their default nameservers, it should show you the default Namecheap “parking page”.

So, to conclude:
Your domain DNS records should resolve correctly before switching to Cloudflare nameservers (or any other).

1. Switch them back to Namecheap default nameservers.
  2. Wait for 24 hours.
  3. Then try to re-add your domain to your Cloudflare account (do not set Cloudflare nameservers again before you’ve added your domain name to your Cloudflare account, do that later.)
  4. Then chenge the domain nameservers at Namecheap and point them to Cloudflare nameservers
3 Likes

Thank you very much, I will definitely do as you say

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.