Problem with domain configuring DNSSEC

Hi,

I have a problem configuring DNSSEC for the domain which I transferred to Cloudflare Registrar.
I enabled the button “DNSSEC” on the Domain Configuration page, and I have been waiting for more than 24 hours, but the DNSSEC seems cannot be configured correctly. The TTL on the old DS record would eventually expire but this doesn’t appear to have happened 4 days later. Due to the dnssec issues, all web traffic and mail has stopped working since moving registrar. Can you help me figure out what I should do to fix it?

Some background information:

• I tried configuring DNSSEC from my old registrar (Hostinger) but Hostinger only supports DS records with Algorithm 8, and Cloudflare requires Algorithm 13.
  • I opened a ticket to Hostinger Technical Support to fix the DS record, they tried to help us, but they cannot update the record properly, the DS record is still on Algorithm 8.
  • We transferred the domain to Cloudflare Registrar about Wednesday 26 Jan 2022.
  • Now, when we check for DNSSEC, the response still has DS record with Algorithm 8 (Despite we transferred the domain out of Hostinger)

If you didn’t disable DNSSEC before transferring to Cloudflare, you’ll have to open a ticket via email: ‘support AT Cloudflare DOT com’

Post the ticket number here so we can reopen it and escalate.

1 Like

Hi,
I didn’t disable DNSSEC before transferring to Cloudflare. I have opened a ticket but my plan is Free, so email support is not available.
My ticket number is #2363009
Thank you.

Thank you for your information about must disabling the DNSSEC before transferring.
I forgot to disable DNSSEC before transferring to Cloudflare, I don’t even think that may impact to the DNSSEC configuration in Cloudflare. I also read your reply on a topic like this and opened a ticket via email, but my plan is Free, email automatic-reply bot said that the email-support is not available, so I created the topic here.
My ticket number is #2363009
Thank you.

1 Like

I’ve put that ticket # in the escalation queue.

1 Like

I’ve used Cloudflare tickets successfully for domain related issues. Free-plan.

1 Like

Escalated the issue to the relevant team. Will update the ticket with more updates as we hear.

2 Likes