Problem Super Bot Fight mode in Free plan

You have an error in your system. When downgrading from PRO to FREE plan, Super Bot Fight Mode continues to work although the options can no longer be accessed and cannot be stopped.

I have also noticed this when I downgraded, seems an odd bug

If you need this disabling after you have downgraded you will have to submit a ticket.

To contact the support team, please submit a new support request from your Cloudflare account directly through the Cloudflare dashboard. Visit https://dash.cloudflare.com/?to=/:account/support and choose Account for this type of issue.

1 Like

I already tried since yesterday to create tickets but it only returns automatic messages and says to search the community and mark the ticket as solved. The attention is very bad.

It should not do that if you follow the directions I sent. If you open it through the dashboard and select Account as the issue type then free plans should still be able to submit tickets for issues like that.

If you still can’t, please send a screenshot of what you get.

1 Like

Please post the ticket #, and we will escalate it.

2 Likes

I already talked to them. it seems they can’t do anything. I asked them to disable SBFM but they can’t. This is ridiculous. I will have to pay to upgrade to Pro and deactivate SBFM and then go back to Free plan.

You know guys, if you need to use a Pro feature you buy the Pro plan for a month, activate the Pro options you need and then cancel the subscription. When you go back to the Free plan, the Pro options will still be active.

I created this account just to help resolved this. I’ve been facing same problem which feels like a bug in their system. However, there’s a solution.

Check your ruleset via API and you’ll see the Super Bot Fight listed among your activated managed ruleset. Please delete only the Suoer Bot Fight ruleset, dont try to delete what you do not know although the ruleset are listed and described in plain language.

These are the two API ruleset you need to solve it.

curl -X GET "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/023e105f4ecef8ad9ca31a8372d0c353/rulesets" \ -H "X-Auth-Email: [email protected]" \ -H "X-Auth-Key: c2547eb745079dac9320b638f5e225cf483cc5cfdda41" \ -H "Content-Type: application/json"

curl -X DELETE "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/023e105f4ecef8ad9ca31a8372d0c353/rulesets/2f2feab2026849078ba485f918791bdc" \
     -H "X-Auth-Email: [email protected]" \
     -H "X-Auth-Key: c2547eb745079dac9320b638f5e225cf483cc5cfdda41" \
     -H "Content-Type: application/json"

I mean below

curl -X GET "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/023e105f4ecef8ad9ca31a8372d0c353/rulesets" \

and

curl -X DELETE "https://api.cloudflare.com/client/v4/zones/023e105f4ecef8ad9ca31a8372d0c353/rulesets/2f2feab2026849078ba485f918791bdc" \

I’m sorry but I don’t know what all that code is or what to do with it. Thanks anyway ediong. Don’t worry, I’ll pay for the Pro plan to be able to disable SBFM. All the best.

You should not have to do this, please share the ticket number so we can get this looked into.

1 Like

@makis_16, this is Zein from the Customer Support team. I am sorry for the issue you are experiencing with the SBFM when you downgraded to Free plan. I have replied to your ticket 2636741 with instructions, but I will post them again here.

This is a known issue the engineering team is working to resolve in the near future. In the meantime, there is a vaiable workaround to resolve such issue. Could you please follow the instructions here and let us know if you are still experiencing any issues?

4 Likes

This is the same solution I shared. I didn’t know it had been included in the help section as well. Cool!

Sorry, I don’t know how to follow directions. I don’t understand that code or where to put it. I’ll go back to paying for the Pro plan when I can so I can turn off SBFM. It’s ridiculous. Have a good day and close the ticket. They haven’t been able to fix anything. It’s unbelievable that Cloudflare workers can’t disable SBFM on my site with a simple click of a button. Ridiculous.

@makis_16, as a matter of security policy, Cloudflare Support is not able to make changes to your account. We can only explain to you how to make the changes yourself. This policy protects you from any accidental or inadvertent changes being made to your account and websites by Cloudflare.

You don’t need to upgrade your zone back to Pro. We will be temporary upgrade your domain back to Pro plan, so you can disable SBFM (please follow these instructions). Once you are done, we will downgrade your domain back to Free.

We apologize for the additional steps here, but thank you for your understanding.

3 Likes

Hello. Okay, upgrade my plan to Pro and I’ll disable SBMF and let you know.

1 Like

I have already disabled SBFM. Thank you very much. You have a good day.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.