Problem sending emails with cloudflare: authentication rejected

Hello,

I have a domain registered on register.it , we moved the the DNS servers to the cloudflare ones and we imported automatically.
The website is up and reachable but emails from my backend are not going out.
This is the error I get:

panic serving 10.35.251.250:31713: 535 5.7.0 …authentication rejected

My DNS are configured like the following:

Do you have any suggestion? Thank you

Hello,

1 Like

From the provided screenshot and from this tutorial and tool:

A little more help using from here:

According to the above links, due to the Non-SSL and SSL connection to your e-mail and to make your website work, you should have:

a) Three A records of which two with :orange: and one with :grey: cloud:

• A www.cryptohive.eu with the value of IPv4 address of your hosting provider (find it in your Panel of hosting under DNS) and :orange:
  • A cryptohive.eu with the value of IPv4 address of your hosting provider (find it in your Panel of hosting under DNS) and :orange:
  • A ftp.cryptohive.eu with the value of IPv4 address of your hosting provider (find it in your Panel of hosting under DNS) and :grey:

b) Three CNAME records with :grey: cloud:

• CNAME pop.cryptohive.eu with the value of mail.register.it and :grey:
  • CNAME authsmtp.cryptohive.eu with the value of mail.register.it and :grey:
  • CNAME autoconfig.cryptohive.eu with the value of tb-it.securemail.pro and :grey:

c) Two TXT records:

• TXT cryptohive.eu with the value of v=spf1 include:spf.webapps.net ~all
  • TXT _dmarc.cryptohive.eu with the value of v=DMARC1; p=none;

d) Two MX records:

• MX cryptohive.eu with the value of mail.register.it
  • MX pec.cryptohive.eu with the value of server.pec-email.com

e) One SRV record:

• SRV _autodiscover._tcp.cryptohive.eu with the value of 10 10 443 ms-it.securemail.pro

I am not 100% sure if you also need to add pop.securemail.pro and authsmtp.securemail.pro.
I believe you do not need to add them to the Cloudflare DNS dashboard because as it is stated on the provided links above, you should use them only when you want to use your e-mail client without SSL connection.
If possible, you should always use with SSL connection in case where you would use the upper pop.cryptohive.eu and authsmtp.cryptohive.eu when adding your e-mail account within your e-mail client like Outlook, Thunderbird, etc.)
Kindly, also check for the needed ports if using non-SSL or SSL connection (all this is already stated on the links from above).

If there is an option at your hosting provider in the Panel under DNS to export them, would be easier for you just to import them onto the Cloudflare DNS dashboard.

Other records I have to sort out at frist, like your “engine”, etc.

1 Like

How are you sending email out? Run your own mail server or using a SMTP service?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.