Problem pointing to my wordpress site

Hi all. I cannot for the life of me get my cf hosted domain to point to my new wordpress site eehp.pro. It worked briefly but because of my impatience I broke it and can’t get it working again. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I originally used the wordpress auto connect option but I cannot find that anywhere anymore, only the advanced setup. My NS are hosted on Cloudflare and I’d like to keep it that way. I don’t want to pay for a business account to enter custom NS. Is this my issue? DNS Checker - DNS Check Propagation Tool

Does your site work when you disable :orange: Proxy and set it to :grey: DNS Only?

1 Like

Thanks, I didn’t think of that. Obviously. I disabled it for www cname and it started resolving. Why is that? I want it to be proxied. It’s working with the A names proxied. We’ll see if it works after it’s done.

Both www and the apex domain are loading a redirect loop that errors out for me right now.

This suggests to me that you have problems that need to be resolved with your hosting provider, WordPress .com, before you can expect Cloudflare to work.

Since WordPress can mean either a self-hosted instance of the WordPress.org software, which is what most technical people are going to assume, or a site hosted on the WordPress.com SaaS platform from Automattic, which is what you are using, it can be helpful to make that distinction up front, since the two are wildly different.

I recommend placing both your apex domain and your your www host in :grey: DNS Only while you get things functioning properly on your origin site.

All of my WordPress experience is with the self-hosted version, so there may be additional caveats when working with the SaaS version. Have you reviewed this short Cloudflare article?

1 Like

I sent them what you said and they sent me a screenshot of ssl settings. I had it set to flexible instead of full. Works now. I guess I can turn proxy back on for www. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.