Problem in detecting DNS automatically

Hello. When I add my site to Cloudflare, the DNS detection section does not automatically add my DNS and the DNS section is empty. I’m not familiar with it and do not know what to add to the DNS section. What should I do?

This Document has all About DNS Management

Any further more questions ?

1 Like

Unfortunately my problem is that I do not know what record to add. My work was easy when the records were added automatically. But now I do not know what records I need to add to add my website to Cloudflare.

A Record pointing to your Web-host Ip Address , That’s the Main

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

If you are having a website hosted somewhere, your hosting provider should give you the needed information. If yes, then kindly I’d suggest you to contact your hosting provider for the needed DNS records information and re-check in case if you already have got some DNS records in the interface of your web hosting provider.

Otherwise, if the domain name is recently registered and new, and also didn’t had a web hosting before, you should have to figure out where you want it to be hosted (if so).

If it’s not picking up DNS records for your site, the easiest thing to do would be to go where your current DNS records are and export the BIND file and import it into Cloudflare:

As @Neeraj_1 already suggest, the basic should be A type pointed to an IP address of your web hosting provider (server).

Otherwise, you would have to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

• Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.