Problem creating a DNS of type CNAME

Good evening, I am new to the forum but not to Cloudflare, but I have a problem that is eating my head.

I am trying to create a DNS of the CNAME type which is giving me the error “DNS Validation Error (Code: 1004) Content for CNAME record is invalid.” all the time.

Other times it did let me do these DNS but this time I want to do it for a Google form and I can’t. I have already searched for information on the forum, but nothing helped me or I am completely useless.

I leave a photo as proof of what I want but it won’t let me do it.

That’s not how a CNAME is used.

What you want is shown at Redirecting One Domain to Another. Simply adjust the record name.

Ok, i try it but after more than 30 minutes, dont work.

You don’t seem to have set up the DNS record.

Ohh, sorry, its my fault. I set-up the “www” and “@” like the tutorial but i dont do it with “apelaciones”. I do it now and work :smiley:.

Thank you for this fast help.

You actually only need apelaciones. If you didn’t use the other two records before, you don’t need to set them up.

Yes, i see i need only “apelaciones” but in the future i need set-up again “www” and “@” but no problem.

Sure, if you need these two hostnames as well, then you need them as well.

apelaciones should resolve now and the redirect should be working.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.