Problem An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address

hello, my friend, there is a problem in DNS I did not know how do I solve the problem
doe it from the method
please
An A, AAAA, CNAME, or MX record is pointed to your origin server exposing your origin IP address.

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS records (Redact IPs if needed).

We will need to see the full list of your DNS records to explain what record is causing the issue.

For starters, the mail A record should be set to :grey:. This and the MX record pointing to it will expose your origin IP. Not a lot you can do about it if this is the only way your host will allow you to receive mail.

I did not understand you

You need to set the A record with name “mail” to :grey: not :orange: for your mail to work.

Your mail record and MX are what is causing the exposing IP message.

can you give me an example of how do I solve

To fix your mail. Click the :orange: in the green circle I have indicated to turn it :grey:

You can’t solve this:

if you want your mail to work due to the setup from your host. Unless they give you a separate IP for mail (which I doubt), there is nothing you can do.

closed #11

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.