Problem after trying to integrate Ezoic

Have a site hosted on siteground and I had it setup on Cloudflare and all had been fine for probably a year.

Several weeks ago tried to integrate Ezoic to this site. Caused all sorts of problems so tried to undo everything and eventually pointed my nameservers back to siteground and then all seemed well.

A few days ago got email from Cloudflare saying the site would be removed shortly so I changed DNS back. Late yesterday my weekly ahrefs site came through with a number of issues on it.

When I checked the site I reaslised there were issues with images not displaying and the logo/header was duplicated.

Spent a large part of the morning removing plugins and redesigning the site in an effort to get it working. Started off by putting site into dev mode but site would still not work correctly and in fact didn’t reflect changes I had made. Removed siteground caching and paused Cloudflare and still no change.

Siteground support noticed there were still some DNS references to Ezoic.

I tried deleting the various A records and then recreating them with the siteground IP.

Site wouldnt load at all even with DNS set to siteground again.

So decided to remove from Cloudflare and now get 1001 error!

This suggests a CNAME issue but no DNS records exist where the domain is registered )namecheap)

Any suggestions?

Geoff

The ads have nothing but nothing to do with DNS. they contact me over and over again by mail/whatsapp
Clouflare SAYS NEVER SHARE YOUR INFO WITH ANY 3 PART!
AFTER YOU GIVE THEM DNS ACCESS, THEY WILL MAKE A CLONE AND MOVE YOUR DOMAIN TO THEYR PSHING SERVER.
they shoud provide only a js code. nothing else!

@geoffjbaker were you able to get this resolved? One key is that if you shared your login credentials and api key, any changes you make in the dash will be over ridden by ezoic. You should change your password & rotate your API key.

I haven’t shared my password with anyone

I removed Cloudflare altogether and pointed DNS to siteground so it seems ok now.

Going forward I would like to monetise my sites but if this is one of the best options then I am not so keen. Will have to try again with as many plugins as possible disabled.

What did it take to integrate Ezoic with your site?