Problem Adding a Subdomain

Would enabling HSTS force all requests to https?

Technically yes, but it will need to be preloaded… It will take time and it’s hardly reversible. Maybe try contacting support as well.

Poor Liam on support has tried his best but I get the feeling he’s non technical, the ticket number is 1721731 if you want to read the thread internally

@bkawk, I’ve read the post I’m just not to sure which issues still remain.
What exact problems are you experiencing as of right now?

The boys above have been really helpful in getting us this far, big thanks to them, just this one last issue to solve with your help

Hi @bkawk,

Not 100% on this, but I would guess that your settings there are not taking effect as you can’t set the root domain to :orange: due to The orange to orange problem. I believe that you will probably have to take this up with support.

Perhaps @cloonan can take a look? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I woke up to an email from Michel (Senior Support Engineer) suggesting that an alternative approach would be to “try a new hash so the WWW subdomain gets added to the Cross CNAME removal.” Is anyone capable of translating this into actionable steps?

Is the suggestion to delete and then re-add the TXT record with IPFS hash named “_dnslink”??

IPFS is alien to most of us (appropriately named, I suppose). You should probably reply to Michel and get some clarification.

1 Like

I’d love to try it one day, never tried it though…

1 Like

If you want to try it I recommend this free service that takes a lot of the hassle out of getting files onto ipfs, you simply upload your static website and it returns a hash that you put in your dns

I have sent Michel a message and I’m now awaiting his response


I’m still waiting to hear back from Michel on ticket 1721731, I have sent a few follow up emails but not heard anything back as yet.

Let’s see if @cloonan can contact Michel for Ticket 1721731.

1 Like

Thank you, I made some notes on the ticket and added myself to it and pinged Michel. (I’m also new to IPFS, but have been curious to dig into it for a while, digging in the docs for clues.)


Thank you cloonan, I did receive a message 4 days ago saying that it had been referred to the IPFS team in San Francisco, Ive not heard anything since.

Another week and still no response

@cloonan, the suspense is killing us!

Will investigate a bit, i did see some action but nothing helpful. I suspected the the advice was to try a different encryption, but don’t know if that is of the same file/files or if they’re asking to try a different set of files/file.

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement, I’m still eagerly awaiting a solution.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.