Probably a Simple fix but I am pretty new to this

Just recently purchased a business and transferred ownership of the domain and website from the previous owners. They apparently used Cloudflare and when we transferred that over the website went down and says the domain is resolving to an IP address that is creating conflict on cloudflares system. It Suggests to log in to Cloudflare and change the DNS A records for the domain to resolve to a different IP address.

i tried pinging the domain and manually inputting the IP addresses from the ping.

If someone needs a little more information to help diagnose the problem let me know. Thanks

1 Like

What’s the domain?

the whalefmb .com no spaces obviously. this page keeps telling me i cant post links

Well, the domain throws a 1000, which is addressed in detail at Fixing Error 1000 - DNS points to prohibited IP.

In short, you need to fix your DNS records but that’s something only your host can tell you. You may want to pause Cloudflare (Overview screen, bottom right) and contact your host to find out the correct records and then configure them on Cloudflare.

Once your site loads fine on HTTPS, you can unpause Cloudflare.

Alternatively you could point the domain back to your host, delete it from Cloudflare, wait a day, and re-add it and have the records scanned.

paused Cloudflare but now the site won’t load at all.

Sure → Probably a Simple fix but I am pretty new to this - #5 by sandro

The best approach probably really is

how do i point the domain back to my original host? sorry for newbie questions. Googled it didn’t see clear instructions.

You need to set your host’s nameservers at your registrar.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.