Pro-Plan Video Limits?

Hi All,

Our site has a couple videos embedded in the site as background elements. How do the TOS work when it comes to video in a use like this? Why I ask is that some people are not seeing the videos and I’m not sure if CloudFlare is blocking them perhaps? I just upgraded to a Pro Plan in the hopes of raising any limits there might be.

Would serving the videos in something like Vimeo prevent any possible bandwidth or TOS issues?

Hi @glen,

Use of the Services for serving video or a disproportionate percentage of pictures, audio files, or other non-HTML content is prohibited, unless purchased separately as part of a Paid Service or expressly allowed under our Supplemental Terms for a specific Service.

www.cloudflare.com/terms - Section 2.8

I’m afraid we can’t really be more specific than this, there aren’t any more details available.

You could use a 3rd party to host your video, or use Cloudflare Stream.

1 Like

Thank you for your response. I was hoping that since the video is a background element for our home page that it might be acceptable. So if we load any videos on our site from Vimeo, either as resources linked from within the page or in iframe, are we ok?

You could also try contacting support and describing to them exactly what you are trying to do. They may say it is allowed under this section of the TOS because it belongs to a website. But then only the support can guarantee that and nobody here in the forum. Otherwise you can also embed your video via Vimeo or
any other platform which allowes this

This topic was automatically closed after 31 days. New replies are no longer allowed.