Possible to use Cloudflare to point to a domain & subdomain with 2 differnt ip Addresses (the second is a SAAS)?

Is it possible to use Cloudflare to point to a domain & subdomain with 2 different ip Addresses (the second is a SAAS)? I want to use my main domain to go to my landing page and my subdomain to a SAAS ip address. Can I do this by using A Records? Thanks.

Sure! I do something similar. Main domain is my Wordpress IP address, and subdomain is my Nextcloud IP address. All done with A records.

Great. Didn’t think it could be done. Next question is how do you do that? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Background details are:
Domain Registrar is Namecheap. Host for main domain is Siteground. The SAAS in an ip address.
How would this be configured? I tried and am not able to get to SAAS ip address working. Siteground works though. Thank you.

At least Siteground works. If you haven’t already done so, add your Domain to your Cloudflare account:

How does your SAAS IP address not work?

I have done all that. Everything has been added. When I go to the site that points to the SAAS it says - Your connection is not secure. So something is wrong in the record settings but I’m unable to find it.

So, I assume your main site is fine with SSL. I expect it’s using Cloudflare (:orange: in DNS)
But your subdomain isn’t secure. I also expect it’s using Cloudflare :orange:
Correct?

You can try https://www.whynopadlock.com/ or just post the subdomain URL here for us to check.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.