Port 8080 not working

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/200169156-Identifying-network-ports-compatible-with-Cloudflare-s-proxy

it says here that cloudflare supports port 8080 but I am unable to get it to work.

I can not have the service open to the public on 80 because of conflicting webguis for router configs.

I have the service running on mypublicip:8080(router 1) > 192.168.0.103:8080(router 2) > 192.168.1.188:80(host os)

the service is visible here mypublicip:8080 and at mydomain.com:8080 I have the type A set to mydomain.com pointed at mypublicip which gives me a

Error 523

Ray ID: 67b26dbb3c462970 • 2021-08-07 18:04:39 UTC

Origin is unreachable

is there a way that I can have mydomain.com point to mypublicip:8080? I have tried and it says invalid ipv4 address I have tried [mypublicip]:8080 as suggested in

and that does not work either.

May I ask, have you used it only over HTTP? - an unsecure connection? :thinking:
Check by navigating to SSL/TLS tab → Select Off option, while :orange: cloud, if that so …

I am sorry to hear that.

Regarding this error, have you entered the correct IP address for the hostname of your domain or www domain?

If so, kindly see below article and check if Cloudflare is allowed to connect to your origin host/server, or if any firewall is blocking requests:

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003011431#523error

4a6253f9e6e93649d726589e086885a4 (1)
70d862aa44dc04e8a8d9ccd3890633c7 (1)

I am only trying to serve http non secure

As you probably saw in the response, that’s not feasible in DNS.

You may have to take a step back and toggle the :orange: so it’s :grey: and see if you can get it to work with the port # after the hostname.

You may have to take a step back and toggle the :orange: so it’s :grey: and see if you can get it to work with the port # after the hostname.

I have already tried this and it does not allow me to save anything other than a non molested ipv4 address

if you’re suggesting that I should put it after mydomain.com in the type A it gives a “DNS Name Invalid Code :9000”

Sorry, I meant in the browser’s URL address bar.

I’m not clear what you mean. Maybe you meant the port #. I just mean to switch your existing “A” record to :grey: DNS Only.

I’m not clear what you mean. Maybe you meant the port #. I just mean to switch your existing “A” record to :grey: DNS Only.

Okay that does not make it work but it does not break it either.

Sorry, I meant in the browser’s URL address bar.

I have replied earlier in the thread with pictures showing that connecting to mydomain.com:8080 does work

Was that while the hostname was set to :grey:?

The picture below does not include the port number in the URL. That won’t work, as you said you need Port 8080. That URL is connecting to Port 80.

The picture below does not include the port number in the URL. That won’t work, as you said you need Port 8080. That URL is connecting to Port 80.

what I want is for mydomain.com to point to mypublicip:8080

Was that while the hostname was set to :grey:?

connecting to mydomain.com:8080 does work both when :grey: and :orange:

You’d need to run a port mapper at Cloudflare. That costs money. Like this one:

1 Like

Thank you for this, I was able to reach the solution that I wanted with this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.