Port 22: Operation timed out

Hi, when trying to communicate with my droplet through terminal, I receive this error: port 22: Operation timed out.

I already whitelisted my ip address. Is there anything else I need to do?

What error are you getting? Are you getting 522, 524, 502/504, or some other timeout error?

Also, what is the domain?

You’ll need to unproxy the DNS record in question. Cloudflare does not support SSH, unless you are on Spectrum or you are using Access - https://developers.cloudflare.com/cloudflare-one/tutorials/ssh/.

2 Likes

Thank you both. Do you mean I need to turn off this button?

Will Bots be able to directly attack my site through its public IP after I unproxy the DNS record?

Yes, I believe that’s @sandro is telling you to do!

1 Like

My site is under attack. What will happen after I unproxy the DNS record?

Right now? Then activate IUAM (I’m Under Attack Mode)!

Connections will go directly to your server. Maybe don’t unproxy and use the IP address instead.

2 Likes

What do you mean by this?

In terminal, I typed: ssh [email protected] IP address, but got this message: port 22: Operation timed out

If you used your actual IP address, then Cloudflare is not involved in the first place and you will need to contact your provider for details.

1 Like

Thanks, I already contacted my hosting company. They haven’t replied. Do you mean if I after @, what I typed is my site’s public IP, then Cloudflare is not involved?

Absolutely, you are connecting directly to your server in that case.
Something your host needs to clarify I am afraid.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.