Polish not working on my Image

Hi,
I’m on Pro account and active Polish (Lossy and WebP) but image an my site still load on jpg and PNG ,
can any one help to fix this issue ?
my site:

Did you purge the cache?

Yes I did

You have a vary header on the image from your origin with a value of User-Agent.

% curl --dump-header - -o /dev/null https://dlandroid.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Zombie-Idle-Defense-Mod-398846541.jpg | grep cf-polished
cf-polished: origSize=10000, status=vary_header_present

According to the docs:

vary_header_present: The origin web server has sent a Vary header with a value other than accept-encoding . If the origin web server is attempting to support WebP, disable WebP at the origin web server and let Polish perform the WebP conversion.

1 Like

Thanks for your help,
I use this code in my .htaccess and Vary header disabled. now webp work on my images.

<ifModule mod_headers.c>
Header unset Vary
Header set Vary "Accept-Encoding"
</ifModule>

You should disable whatever is adding the Vary header, rather than manipulating it in . htaccess.

The usual cause is with automatic image conversion. As you are using Polish, that is not needed on your origin. And Cloudflare will automatically deal with compression, so accept-encoding is not really needed in a Vary header.

So what should I do to disable Vary? How can I can find that where did vary enable?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.