Point external dns to cloudflare proxy

The primary domain for our organization is set up as a ‘split domain’ - outside of our network it goes to the dns in cloudflare (and through the reverse proxy). Inside our network (LAN/VPN), the domain is managed in our Microsoft environment, and we have a separate DNS for security reasons, so it bypasses the cloudflare reverse proxy. However, I would like web requests to the apex domain to go to cloudflare, even if they are routed internally. Is there a way to do this? Can I just add the DNS address for cloudflare rather than the website in our internal dns, or is there a CNAME record I should add?

Welcome to the Cloudflare Community. :logodrop:

example.com.cdn.cloudflare.net :wink:

Just to clarify - will this solution work if I have a regular dns setup (hosting my dns directly on cloudflare), or do I need to have ‘Partial (CNAME) setup’ in order to do this? We are on a the pro plan for this domain (I believe the Partial CNAME setup requires business), and the majority of our DNS hosted on Cloudflare -it’s just this one domain that is an issue.

I have only tested with hostnames on a free subscription.That requires the domain to use Cloudflare nameservers. The best thing you can do is to add one such CNAME into your local zone file and see if it does what you need.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.