Plugin blocking REST API calls

I was getting an error when trying to obtain the domain key for LiteSpped Cache plugin. I disabled all the plugins and then was able to obtain it. What do I do now? Do I reactivate all the plugins or do I need to figure out which one is causing the issue? Below is the list of plugins I’m using.

LitesSpeed Cache
Elementor
Rank Math SEO
Rank Math SEO Pro
Starter Templates
UpdraftPlus - Back/Restore
WPForms Lite

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

Before doing this, may I ask you to check if you see some events in Firewall Events log at Cloudflare dashboard for your domain name?

Have you tried writing a ticket to https://quic.cloud/support/?

There seems to be issues as well for other users:

May I ask have you implemented as follows below to return the IP visitor on your origin host / server? (already mentioned in my first post at this topic):

Therefore, https://yourdomain.com)/wp-json/litespeed/v1/ should bring up endpoints at least (just change yourdomain.com to your actual domain name).

Suggestion 1

I’d suggest you to:

• Use the “Pause Cloudflare on Site” option from the Overview tab for your domain at dash.cloudflare.com .
  • The link is in the lower right corner of that page.
  • Give it five minutes to take effect, then make sure site is working as expected with HTTPS.
  • Do what it’s needed
  • Upon success and obtained key, un-pause

Suggestion 2

I’d suggest you to whitelist your origin host / server / hosting IP address by navigating to the Security → WAF → Tools → IP Access Rules with the action “allow” for your Website and try again.

It happens due to the WordPress using HTTP/1.0 and empty user-agent, therefore while executing WP-Cron or some other related JSON/REST API request.

More helpful information:

Nevertheless, you could search for their IPs and allow them temporarily if so. Here are the IPs which I would allow/bypass (whitelist at Cloudflare):

Otherwise, maybe it’s blocked by some security plugin for WordPress if you using it like Wordfence, All in One Security, etc. or via functions.php of the theme you’re using?

Suggestion 3

Similar topic with some helpful information here:

I don’t think your recommendations below are relevant anymore. As I mentioned, I was able to get the domain key after I disabled all the plugins. I know need to know what to do. Do I reactivate the plugins or do I need to figure out which one was causing the issue? If so, how do I figure that out?

As you say, if it is not related to the Cloudflare, I’d suggest you to try troubleshooting and debugging WordPress and checking log files for any clue :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.