Please Help With Domain

My friend transfer ownership to the domain i bought back to me and i bought at using namecheap and he gave it back to me with cloud-fare but. when i try to set up my domain for my server the server list in minecraft just says unknown host. I set up the a record and srv record. But when i use namecheap it didn’t take as long to get the domain to work idk if i did it wrong or not please help

Hi @hermthegoat,

Are you able to share the domain name so we can check it’s set up for Cloudflare OK?

Then here’s some info on the DNS records for a Minecraft server which you can check against what you have done.

Creating DNS Records in Cloudflare for a Minecraft Server

Please select the type of setup you require, on your root domain or on a subdomain

Root domain, e.g. example.com
  1. Add an A record for your root domain example.com or @ and point it to the IP address of your Minecraft server. Make sure it is set to :grey: as your server won’t work running through Cloudflare’s proxy.
  2. Create an SRV record for the service _minecraft, protocol TCP, name example.com or @, priority and weight 0, port by default is 25565, but your host may provide a different port to specify and target example.com.
Subdomain, e.g. subdomain.example.com
  1. Add an A record for your subdomain e.g. subdomain for subdomain.example.com and point it to the IP address of your Minecraft server. Make sure it is set to :grey: as your server won’t work running through Cloudflare’s proxy.
  2. Create an SRV record for the service _minecraft, protocol TCP, name subdomain for subdomain.example.com, priority and weight 0, port by default is 25565, but your host may provide a different port to specify and target subdomain.example.com.
1 Like

The domain is ImbCraft.com

Great, thanks - on the DNS app in your Cloudflare dashboard, if you scroll down it will give you two nameservers. Can you check that they match these?

robert.ns.cloudflare.com
serena.ns.cloudflare.com

Yes they do

Good, looks like your setup with Cloudflare is fine. So now if you follow the info I pasted on Minecraft setup with Cloudflare you should be good to go :slight_smile: If you have followed that and it’s still not working, it may be an issue with the Minecraft server.

Can u please help me out im kinda new doing these server thing i just want the domain i bought to work on the server

Can you post a screenshot of your DNS records in Cloudflare - it’s fine to blank out the IPs.

Generally looks OK, in Minecraft, if you specify the IP and port in the format IP_Address:port instead of the hermy.imbcraft.com hostname, does it work?

I am so sorry im kinda new at this and don’t really understand as much do u think we can maybe get in a call where u can help me?

I’m afraid not, all support needs to be done here on the forums. I’ll get back to you in a minute or two with more detail on what to try.

Can help you on the Cloudflare side, but not a Minecraft expert, and you may want to take any questions about that to a Minecraft forum.

Under stand thank u very much

When you open Minecraft and add a server, where it asks for ‘Server Address’, can you try putting the server IP instead of your domain?

So enter something like

Where the numbers you should use in each place are:

with a : between.

Does that make sense?

See if that works when you try to connect, and we can go from there.

Okay i did it and the ip work

So how i put the domain to work?

From what I can tell, your SRV record is slightly wrong, can you click on the name box for it so you get the panel that looks like this:

and post a screenshot of it?

Okay hold please

There u go

If you change the name to hermy then it should work OK connecting to hermy.imbcraft.com

1 Like