Please disable IPv6

I am facing many errors on my website such as

Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to 9to5job.in port 443 after 2063 ms: Connection refused (http_request_failed)

The loopback request to your site failed, this means features relying on them are not currently working as expected.
Error: cURL error 7: Failed to connect to 9to5job.in port 443 after 2080 ms: Connection refused (http_request_failed)

My web host is saying this is happening because I have enabled IPv6 in Cloudflare. How to disable it, please help?

Thank you

Yep, cURL, that’s why.

I remember this WordPress scan issue come up recently, kindly see post below:

If so, kindly see below posts for possible solution:

Why can’t I turn off IPv6?

At Cloudflare we believe in being good to the Internet and good to our customers. By moving on from the legacy world of IPv4-only to the modern-day world where IPv4 and IPv6 are treated equally, we believe we are doing exactly that. In the Cloudflare dashboard, IPv6 is no longer something you can toggle on and off, it’s always just on.

May I ask have you goty any AAAA records at the DNS tab of Cloudflare dashboard under your Cloudflare account for your domain name? If not, I would re-check the SSL/TLS.

Why disabling is not possible? On my other website, in Free Plan, Ipv6 is disabled from the last 2 years. It is still disabled. Then why not in this website?

Please guide.

Possible it was set like that intentionally as the options were available to us.

I do not remember exactly, but since 2018 the IPv6 option is being enabled (on one particular domain) always, while the origin host / server is only IPv4 (despite the fact I am running more than 70 WordPress + Cloudflare Websites - no problem).

Also I do not have such an issue as you have with “WordPress Site Health Check/Scan” on WordPress Websites. I also have to admit, neither I use it for any such a useful information - if the Website stops working or throws some error, or something else, I know it immediately without that WordPress integrated feature - but okay, I understand, possibly that’s due to me being myself.

So far, I cannot blame Cloudflare, neither IPv6 - which is being enabled and configured correctly at the origin host / server.
Nevertheless, not having any nor using an AAAA (IPv6) record(s) at the DNS tab (rather just IPv4 - A) for a domain - except the few domains which have got an e-mail service (working fine over IPv6 and IPv4).

Why your web host does not (yet) support IPv6 addoption and developed at his servers/DC, that’s another question (it’s 2021, it passed 10 years already, what are we waiting more?).

Starting today with free domains, IPv6 is no longer something you can toggle on and off, it’s always just on.

Possible, changes in past years or so due to the stated in the below article:

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.