PlayStation Services Not Working on 1.1.1.1

I am using the family filtering DNS 1.1.1.2,1.1.1.3, 1.0.0.2, 1.0.0.3. Having same issue with PS4. The PS4 connects if I use my ISPs DNS. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for the report - sorry to hear the issues. We have documentation specific to setting up 1.1.1.1 with a PS4 available here. Could you walk through the steps to confirm?

On family filtering, we’ll review the checks to see if any PS4 hostnames are being blocked.

Hey Cloudflare !!

After 6 months Cloudflare services are giving me 2ms ping but some websites and services of Playstation netowork belongs to tooo far away from my country and giving me 200-300ms ping. If i provide links so will you fix it.

Hey Cloudflare !!
I have an issue in this domain [gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net] because this domain changing its ip addresses from Oman to Europe and then Europe to Oman because I’m from Pakistan and Oman is very near for me and Europe is far away from me so kindly fix it as soon as possible. Screenshots are attached.

Hey Cloudflare !!

After 6 months Cloudflare services are giving me 2ms ping but some websites and services of Playstation netowork belongs to tooo far away from my country and giving me 200-300ms ping. If i provide links so will you fix it.

So Cloudflare resolving Playstation Network IP’s in far away country and other Websites and services in your same country itself?

I think this is may be Problem with Playstation (Sony Service Network)peering . still i am not sure
i will also recommend you to contact Sony (Playstation) Customer support to fix this problems

Just wanted to chime in and say this might be related to the fact that Cloudflare does not pass the EDNS Client Subnet Header (https://developers.cloudflare.com/1.1.1.1/nitty-gritty-details#edns-client-subnet) which could lead to sub-optimal routing.

To test this you can use Quad9’s DNS servers:

9.9.9.9 = EDNS Client Subnet Header not passed (like 1.1.1.1)
9.9.9.11 = EDNS Client Subnet Header passed

If you find consistent success with the 9.9.9.11 DNS server then this issue is related to the (lack of) the EDNS Client Subnet Header. If you still experience high pings with both DNS servers then it points to an issue within PSN’s network.

1 Like

I never face this issue on 8.8.8.8 DNS and my ISP DNS. If they will never gonna fix it soon so my ISP DNS is working excellent for me.

1.1.1.1 DNS is trash :wastebasket:

Facts say something different then your unconstructive, not fact based opinion:

FACTS

2 Likes

You are free to use any other resolver :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah my ISP DNS is best.

Islamabad and Karachi are in re-routed since 6 months ago.

Then you use your ISP’s resolver and the issue is solved.

1 Like

I:m using it.

Please fix routing issues on TRANSWORLD (AS135407)

What with?

You said you are using your own resolver and not Cloudflare.

After Cloudflare latency is fixed im using 1.1.1.1 DNS but some services on 1.1.1.1 DNS connect me from Japan or other countries which gives me 300-400ms ping.

And that is exactly what was answered already a year ago and which is marked as solution. You do need to read the answers.

Going to close this topic now as it has been exhausted and the original question was answered a long time ago. Please do not open yet another thread about the same subject as you have done so close to twenty times already and that slowly borders spamming.