Plain HTML, CSS site deployment failing while "Deploying to Cloudflare's Global Network" on Cloudflare Pages due to an image file

Hi,

My plain HTML, CSS site deployment (without any site generators) was continuously failing at the final step of deployment on Cloudflare Pages i.e on the “Deploying to Cloudflare’s global network” step with the error message as below in the build log:

Deploying your site to Cloudflare’s global network…
Failed: an internal error occurred

After several attempts I found out that the issue was due to a favicon.ico file in my images.
Removing the favicon.ico file from my images and deploying the site worked and my site was deployed successfully.

Sharing this for the benefit of others who may attempt the same and run into this issue and also for the Cloudflare Pages team to look into it and fix this issue.

Thanks for the lovely service with the generous free tier.

Regards

1 Like

I suggest you open a ticket. Maybe there are others having the same problem and it’s a bug. Make sure you post the ticket # here so we can watch for a followup.

To contact Cloudflare Customer Support, login & go to https://dash.cloudflare.com/?account=support and select get more help. If you receive an automatic response that does not help resolve your issue, reply and indicate that you still require assistance. And, please share your ticket number here so that we can track it.

Done.

Here’s the ticket 2181245

1 Like

Thanks for the guidance

1 Like