Picture-in-Picture for video stream?

Hi, when using

Unfortunatly it seems Cloudflare Video Player is not supporting that. The -Tag used by Cloudflare has no requestPictureInPicture method.

Is there a way to use PiP for Cloudflare Video Player?

no preview? no edit of posts? :frowning:

Here is the original text I wrote:

Hi, when using standard video-tag inside iframe, I can use element.requestPictureInPicture() to continue video in Picture-in-Picture mode.

Unfortunatly it seems Cloudflare Video Player is not supporting that. The stream-tag used by Cloudflare has no requestPictureInPicture method.

Is there a way to use PiP for Cloudflare Video Player?

We should support this in the future though it is not a commonly requested feature. I’ll make sure we track this internally but can’t give a date on when we would support it. It competes with priorities such as supporting chromecast.

If your use case can’t wait, I suggest using an alternative video player temporarily with DASH or HLS URLs you can obtain using the json view in the dashboard.

Sorry about the issues with the forum by the way. Tagging @cloonan to see if this is a bug or if the restrictions @sven is facing are intentional :slight_smile:

1 Like

Post preview are visible to the right of the composer window:

Posts can be edited up to 30 days, depending up on level, I adjusted your account settings @Sven to ensure that. LMK if you run into any issues.

Thank you, @renan for the mention!