Phishing scam?

I have posted below a copy of the content of an email I received on Sept 11. Appeared to be a scam and I did not react to it (except to post it here). I checked my account and my settings are unchanged. It is a week past the mentioned deadline and my website continues to perform well as always. FYI

[Cloudflare]: The nameservers for timdayhuff.c (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) om no longer point to Cloudflare. They now point to:

ns1.renewyourname.n (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) et
ns2.renewyourname.n (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) et
[not set]
[not set]
[not set]

This change means that [timdayhuff.c (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) om is no longer using Cloudflare and will not receive the benefits of our security and performance services. Your DNS records will be completely removed from our system in 7 days.

If the nameserver change was in error, reactivate your domain by pointing your nameservers back to:

[coby.ns.Cloudflare.c (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) om
[zara.ns.Cloudflare.c (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) om

Once you have completed this change, click the “Check Nameservers” button in your Cloudflare dashboard to ensure your domain stays active on Cloudflare.

Visit the Cloudflare dashboard: https:/ (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) /www.Cloudflare.com/a/overview/timdayhuff.c (my insert so info could be posted to Cloudflare community) om

Thanks,
The Cloudflare Team

The domainwas purchased 2011-09-03 so it renews on 09-03, if the renewal payment is late it is/was entirely possible the registrar changed the nameservers at that time. The domain was last updated on 9-13 so that seems like it’s potentially true/accurate. They currently point to the correct nameserver pair.

Don’t see anything in the email that would indicate phishing, but if your mail platform supports it you can validate the headers of the message to confirm.

1 Like