Permanent redirect is too permanent!

A little while ago, I made a redirect from user2w.ml to www.user2w.ml. After removing it, it still applies and I can’t seem to fix it.

Assuming you’ve removed the redirect from Cloudflare and/or your website correctly, your browser will still be caching the redirect.

To test this, please open an incognito browser and try navigating to your website without the www. If everything is configured correctly, the it should just load your website without the www redirect, and if that’s the case, all you need to do is clear the cache on your browser and it should forget the redirect.

2 Likes

I can see user2w.ml redirects to www.user2w.ml, which end up showing error in a Web browser as far as DIG isn’t returning any A record for www hostname.

May I ask did you used Page Rules to perform the redirect, or? :thinking:

Have you tried using “Purge Everything” button from the CF dashboard → Caching → Configuration?

What kind of a web app are you running on your domain? I wonder if something is co-related to it, or maybe to the origin host/server itself.

Furthermore, would you still like to have it redirect to www or? → add the A www pointed to the IP and should resolve fine.

I just wonder if somehow, the .ml ccTLD interface for managing the domain, might be in some kind of a relation to this and doing anything (despite Cloudflare nameservers) :thinking:

It looks like the 301 is coming from the server:

* Connection state changed (MAX_CONCURRENT_STREAMS == 250)!
< HTTP/2 301 
< age: 0
< cache-control: public, max-age=0, must-revalidate
< content-type: text/plain
< date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 12:28:56 GMT
< location: https://www.user2w.ml/
< server: Netlify
< strict-transport-security: max-age=31536000
< x-nf-request-id: 01G8NGGF79KRDNAGRNJN1HHP6M
< content-length: 37
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.