Pending Nameserver Update - NS already pointing to Cloudflare

I added two domains to Cloudflare and updated nameservers at my registrar accordingly. It’s been two days but it still shows “Pending Nameserver Update” in my dashboard.

NSLookup seems fine to me as below:

C:\Windows\System32>dig ns datascience.eu.org +short
LARS.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.
ANASTASIA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.

C:\Windows\System32>dig ns allika.in +short
anastasia.ns.cloudflare.com.
lars.ns.cloudflare.com.

There is a problem with each domain, but the problem is slightly different.

Take a look at a dig +trace output.

With datascience.eu.org you need to go to your registrar and update the nameservers records. Right now the nameservers point to he.net, which itself tries to point to Cloudflare, but this is not a valid configuration.

With allika.in Cloudflare’s nameservers were added, but only alongside the he.net nameservers, so you need to go to your registrar and remove them, leaving only the Cloudflare servers.

2 Likes

Thank you @thedaveCA for your response.

I corrected allika.in nameservers to Cloudflare only and the issue is resolved.

However, I already removed he.net nameservers and updated Cloudflare nameservers at datascience.eu.org registrar two days ago. This is a view from my registrar:

Configuration for datascience.eu.org
Current DNS records
NS	ANASTASIA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.
NS	LARS.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.

History for datascience.eu.org

#### From Sept. 1, 2020, 2 p.m. to ...

NS ANASTASIA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM. 
NS LARS.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.

#### From Sept. 1, 2020, 10:49 a.m. to Sept. 1, 2020, 2 p.m.

NS ANASTASIA.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM. 
NS LARS.NS.CLOUDFLARE.COM.

#### From Jan. 18, 2020, 1:46 p.m. to Sept. 1, 2020, 10:49 a.m.

NS NS1.HE.NET. 
NS NS2.HE.NET. 
NS NS3.HE.NET. 
NS NS4.HE.NET. 
NS NS5.HE.NET.

I am unable to understand where’s the issue.

.eu.org looks to be a slightly different setup. It looks like it’s a Second Level Domain under control of the .eu.org people. Not like .eu.com which acts like a regular TLD.

Though I could be wrong. @thedaveCA would know for sure.

You may be right but I am not sure how to check that.

However, I moved 2 other domains from he.net to Cloudflare successfully about a month ago from the same registrar and it completed within minutes.

I am not sure what’s the hiccup this time.

I wanted to update that the nameservers are now working as required, and thank you for your support.

I changed the nameservers back to he.net and then to Cloudflare. After a few hours, they are pointing to Cloudflare. Not sure if this did the trick or it was something else.

Cheers!

2 Likes