Pending nameserver update, but there is no current nameserver

Hello community - I’ve recently bought domain from Cloudflare thinking it would be the same process as or, but for some reason Cloudflare is a bit different and I don’t understand how to fix it. Usually when you purchase a domain name from or every thing is setup and you can start ftping and creating your web site, well for some reason Cloudflare doesn’t act this way and it wants you to change the name server to theirs, but I shouldn’t have to change the nameserver since I bought my domain from cloudfare correct?

I get if I bought my domain from some other registar I would have to go grab Cloudflare’s and update it, but since I’ve bought the domain directly from Cloudflare shouldn’t the name server already be Cloudflare’s and ready to go? Here is a screenshot.

I’ve since opened a troubleshooting ticket for some help, but they advised me to reach out to the forums, so here I am. Please educate me on what I am missing. Really what I am trying to do is used domain in my pfsense firewall and DDNS, not as a website.

Cloudflare charge me for buying it LOL, I don’t understand how it couldn’t be registered to me and Cloudflare.

How can this process be this hard. I pick a domain that is a available ( pay Cloudflare money, and that should be it.


Thank you for asking.

For I see it’s not a registered domain? :thinking:

Kindly, I’d suggest you to write a ticket to Cloudflare support due to your account and/or domain issue and share the ticket number here with us so we could escalate this issue:

  • Login to Cloudflare and then contact Cloudflare Support by clicking on the Get More Help button. If you get automatic reply, reply and indicate to it you need more help and reference to this topic
  • Or send an an e-mail to support[at]cloudflare[dot]com from your e-mail associated with your Cloudflare account

[Cloudflare Support] 2371540

Thank you. I’ve escalated it.

Thank you.

Quick update: We replied to the ticket and have escalated this to the registrar team. This indeed looks like a bug and we’re awaiting a response from them. You’ll get an update as soon as we hear from them. I apologise for the inconvenience.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.