Pages not loaded: just strange charachters! Help!

Hello, I’m having from 3 days a problem from my PC: instead of normal Moodle page I can only see strange machine characters like these (see following image).

It’s for sure a Cloudflare problem because if I access the page directly from the server there are no problems at all. I already cleaned the cache, but I still have the problem. Any ideas?

Many thanks for your time!

Seems very similar to Strange characters output on pages - #3 by fritex


Could you please share the domain and possibly capture a HAR for us (Gathering information for troubleshooting sites · Cloudflare Support docs)
Feel free to email it to me walshy@

1 Like

Hello Walshy, thank you for your support: I just sent you by email (the one I found on your website) the HAR file. Thank you for you time!

1 Like

Hello Cloonan, thank you for your time and for the link: I gave a look, but I cant’s see suggestion for my problem: it happens (in my knolwdge) just to my PC (from 3 different browsers and anonymous mode). But from other PC on the same network, or from my smartphone it works.

Thank you for your time and ideas!

Thank you! The har will be helpful as I think @WalshyMVP already has some good insight and the har will help verify.

1 Like

May I ask you to post and share your domain name in bracketed dot [.] notation here so we could double-check, troubleshoot and provide some feedback information? :thinking:

Thanks! This was helpful. The team is already aware of the issue where this can happen and I’ll be sure to bring this case up with them tomorrow.

For now, you can disable Brotli here:

Apologies for the issue!


Hello @Walshy ,

thank you for your quick reply: I disabled Brotli and reset the cache, but for the moment the issue is always showing up.

Thank you for your help.

Hello @Walshy,

unfortunately the issue is always showing up. I tried with anonymous browser, but nothing has changed.

I’m looking forward to hear good news about the resolution of the issue!

Please let me know if you need other information.

Thank you for your time


Apologies, I thought that disabled it, you can also disable proxy or fix the bug from your side which would be not returning cache-control: no-transform from the origin
I’ll check with the team