Page Speed Decreased After Upgrading to Paid Plan

Hello,

I am using Avada theme on my Wordpress site, and have a paid plan on Cloudflare. However, after linking my website with cloud flare services it’s actually running slower. I also added the plugin to make sure everything was setup. Still, it’s being reported as very slow. Am I missing something? Do I have to use an API code for each setting? I’m very confused.

Some resources take longer because they’re not cached, but overall, there should be a speed increase.

What’s the domain URL?

Thank you for responding. It’s www.charlestoninboundagency.com.

Your home page is very static (content likely rarely changes), so you can benefit from caching it with a Page Rule such as:
Match *charlestoninboundagency.com/ and add settings for Cache Level (Cache Everything) and Edge TTL (a day/week/month, to suit your needs).

Since you’re using HTTPS, which supports HTTP/2, go to the Speed settings and turn off Rocket Loader. It adds some overhead that might outweigh the benefit of combined JS.

You can also host your own Google fonts if you’re comfortable with modifying your theme files. This site will help you grab and include local copies:
https://google-webfonts-helper.herokuapp.com/fonts

It’s looking much better now. A couple of observations:

1. Browser cache expiration time seems pretty low. I’d bump it up to at least a day in the Cloudflare Cache settings section.
  2. It looks like you have a WooCommerce shopping cart that’s slowing things down. If you’re not using it, maybe there’s a way to turn it off.

Thank you! I disabled the Woo Commerce plugin and changed by “Browser Cache Expiration” from 4 hours to 1 day. Any other tips will be greatly appreciated. I am very new to all of this. I cannot thank you enough!!!

I should have looked more closely at the recommendations. Browser cache should be at least a week. That should raise your score.

Thank you so much. This has made a big difference. But, even now, sometimes the site will score a 40 on mobile speed, and other times it will hit 70. Since making your fixes, the desktop version of my site always ranks above 80. Mobile, however, fluctuates greatly. Any idea?

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.