I’m trying to setup a page rule to redirect a separately hosted subdomain to act as folders from my primary domain.
Here’s the setup:
- Primary domain is on wordpress, lets use https://example.com
- I’ve set up a subdomain successfully from shopify to point to demos.shopify.example.com. Because Shopify is not my main host, I obviously did not add Shopify’s A record, but only added the CNAME to accomplish this.
- I am not able to turn this CNAME record into a proxy
- I have my main domain proxied (orange cloud) along with the www version
- My A record is proxied
- My www CNAME record is proxied and pointing to example.com
I’m going to have several demo sites on this primary domain from potentially other hosts like:
- demos.wordpress.example.com (this is the only exception since it will be on the same server)
I tried creating this redirect rule:
I think I set this up properly but it doesn’t seem to want to work. My one guess is that the CNAME Shopify record is not proxied? Although I can’t turn the orange cloud on here. Got this from the documentation.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!