Last month our Load Balancing bill increased 66%.
We’ve changed nothing, so I wrote to Cloudflare Support asking about it.
- They said the entire time our account had used Load Balancing, Cloudflare had been undercharging us and now we would begin paying for this oversight.
- I explained how I thought it was calculated and asked how it was really calculated.
- They said to go to the Load Balancing information page where I could learn more about how LB fees were calculated.
- I explained there was no information on that page which allowed me to do those calculations.
- They did not send me the figures, but instead sent me a complex example which I struggled to understand
- I asked for an example using our very basic LB setup.
- Now, after 4 weeks of back and forth, Cloudflare support advised me there had been a billing error and our account has been refunded the increase.
I still don’t have the information required to calculate my own LB fees (although I suspect my original thoughts were accurate). I’ve also had no apology from Cloudflare for being overcharged or wasting significant time following up.
So my feedback is: "Cloudflare Support should answer straightforward questions and learn some manners."