Answer these questions to help the Community help you with Security questions.
What is the domain name?
Have you searched for an answer?
Extensively in the docs and using online searches
Please share your search results url:
When you tested your domain using the Cloudflare Diagnostic Center, what were the results?
This link does not work
Describe the issue you are having:
I have successfully set up Cloudflare on my site. Everything runs fine.
When I open outlook, I get an error. It happens with all email addresses.
What error message or number are you receiving?
“The target principal name is incorrect”
“A certificate chain processed, but terminated in a root certificate which is not trusted by the root provider”
What steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
- Installing the certificate in outlook. The procedure succeeds but nothing changes.
- Making registry edits to supress errors in outlook. (AllowOutlookHttpProxyAuthentication, SuppressNameChecks, SupressNameChecks, ShowCertErrors) No change.
- Buying a multi-domain SSL certificate for the site (I cannot add Cloudflare as a SAN apparently. I don’t know if this would have even worked)
- Changing outlook to use the server IP instead of the
mail.reagent-tests.uk(it just reverts back to mail.rea…
- Disabling Cloudflare DNS for the Autodiscover A-record
Was the site working with SSL prior to adding it to Cloudflare?
Yes, I never had this problem before using Cloudflare.
What are the steps to reproduce the error:
- Open or restart outlook
Have you tried from another browser and/or incognito mode?
Please attach a screenshot of the error:
I am a chemist by training so unfortunately a lot of the language around this is unfamiliar to me, I’m not able to find anyone with the same problem and I have tried all the solutions for similar sounding problems I found online.