Option to buy domain names has disappeared from my account

Hi there, the option to buy domain names has disappeared from my account. The only option I’m currently seeing is “Manage.”

Any help or information about this would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, I experience the same problem. Actually I just created a post too there: Domain registration/transfer service down?

I guess that it’s generalized.
Regards

1 Like

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.

May I ask you to see my below post and try out using the instructions (included from other useful posts):
https://community.cloudflare.com/t/domain-registration-transfer-service-down/357510/2?u=fritex

@cloonan

1 Like

Hi, Just logged in to buy a domain and I too no longer see an option to buy a domain, only manage. Regards

1 Like

Hi, I’m trying to transfer a domain to Cloudflare registration service but:
1- The transfer code box do not appear on step 2;
2- Even the new domain registration shows nothing when searching for whatever domain name. A two seconds spinning wheel appears, vanish then nothing.

I tried with another browser, I try to disable the beta layout… nothing. The new domain registration was working earlier today.

The domain I’m trying to transfer is a .com, it’s unlocked and I have the transfer code.
Is the service currently bugged ?

Thanks,
Mike

Greetings,

Thank you for asking.
I am sorry to hear you are experiencing an issue with the domain transfer.

May I ask what is the TLD of your domain name which you are trying to transfer to Cloudflare Registrar? :thinking:

UPDATE: It’s .com gTLD.

Thank you for feedback information about using a different web browser.

This might look familiar to me as I remember there were few topics lately, but I am unaware.

I’ve seen few posts lately, may I suggest below steps:

Kindly, may I also suggest looking into below post to try out?:

Domain is unlocked and transfer auth code is generated (by GoDaddy) …the domain is already setup in Cloudflare…when I click on " Transfer to Cloudflare"…I get the standard Step 2 “Follow these instructions to transfer your domain” screen…there should be an auth code input box below the 1.2.3 steps, which is not there…I see "Cancel’ on bottom left… and “Confirm and Proceed” on the right (which is not clickable - “Enter at least one valid code” )…I tried latest Chrome and Firefox…adblocks are disabled…tried new gui as well as original in both browsers…

Hi there, Do you have a ticket number or can I have the domain name? I guess this is mostly related to a rate limiting issue where we can only make certain number of whois calls and then we get blocked for a certain period. I can try to manually add the domain for you and you should probably see that option again.

2 Likes

Hi there- Do you have a ticket number or can I have the domain name? I guess this is mostly related to a rate limiting issue where we can only make certain number of whois calls and then we get blocked for a certain period. I can try to manually add the domain for you and you should probably see that option again.

2 Likes

I am afraid, that option did not work for me. I don’t see the option either. I have escalated this to our team and I will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

2 Likes

The team just let me know they are looking at the issue. I am afraid, that option did not work for me. I don’t see the option either. I have escalated this to our team and I will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
I am afraid, that option did not work for me. I don’t see the option either. I have escalated this to our team and I will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

2 Likes

any eta?..as some of us are waiting to transfer domains that are close to their renewal dates…

Hi @purnima, thanks for looking into this issue for us.

The latest update on my account is that I’m seeing the options to “Manage”, “Transfer”, and “Register” again. I’m experiencing an issue when transferring a domain to Cloudflare though. (Btw, all the domains I’m attempting to transfer have the .com TLD) After I select “Transfer to Cloudflare”, it brings me right to step #2 but it doesn’t provide the usual place to enter an authorization code. From there, if I select the “cancel” button, it brings me to step #1 where I can pay the domain registration fee. When I select the “Confirm Domains” button, it brings me to step #2, but the usual place where I would normally enter the authorization code isn’t there.

I hope this information is useful in some way.

Thanks again for your help. It’s much appreciated.

1 Like

Hi, do you have a ticket number that we can look at?

1 Like

Hi,

Posting in this thread a bug that our Registrar team is trying to fix, when trying to transfer a domain the box to enter the auth code is not displayed.

The current workaround is:

go to your Account → Registrar (or Buy domains) → Transfer.
Uncheck the domains that you do not want to transfer.

Please let us know if that works for you.

If not, please open a ticket with support so we can take a look.

Hi,
The next day, the options “Transfer” and “Register” suddenly appeared back. I could proceed to the domain registration.
Regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.