Optimizing Performance and Security for My Website with Cloudflare

I’m seeking advice on how best to utilize Cloudflare’s services for my website, https://blogbuzzz.com. My primary goals are to enhance website performance and strengthen security. Here are some specific points I need help with:

1. Performance Improvement: What are the best practices for using Cloudflare to improve site loading speed and overall performance? Are there specific Cloudflare features I should be leveraging?
  2. Security Enhancements: Given the nature of my site, what security settings on Cloudflare would be most effective in preventing common threats like DDoS attacks, bot traffic, and others?
  3. SSL/TLS Configuration: I’m also looking for advice on setting up SSL/TLS certificates through Cloudflare. What are the recommended settings for optimal security while maintaining site speed?
  4. Caching Strategies: How can I optimize Cloudflare’s caching capabilities to ensure fast content delivery without compromising on the freshness of the content?

I appreciate any insights or experiences you can share, especially from those who have managed similar types of websites. Thank you in advance for your help!

Hi @user82918

1. Performance Improvement: What are the best practices for using Cloudflare to improve site loading speed and overall performance? Are there specific Cloudflare features I should be leveraging?

Maximise caching and content related products like Argo, Speed optimisations : Speed · Cloudflare Speed docs, R2, Cloudflare Images and the likes.

2> 1. Security Enhancements: Given the nature of my site, what security settings on Cloudflare would be most effective in preventing common threats like DDoS attacks, bot traffic, and others?

You may consider Professional plan and Business plan for Bot Fight Mode and Super Bot Fight mode.
Of course the best would be Enterprise (Premium) plans with Bot Management, API Shield and Advanced Rate Limits, Firewall Rules.

1. SSL/TLS Configuration: I’m also looking for advice on setting up SSL/TLS certificates through Cloudflare. What are the recommended settings for optimal security while maintaining site speed?

This is pretty much hands free experience if you set up a Full Setup and use Universal SSL:

1. Caching Strategies: How can I optimize Cloudflare’s caching capabilities to ensure fast content delivery without compromising on the freshness of the content?

Please check this documentation:

thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 15 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.